The purpose of this Guidebook is to provide an access management resource tailored to the needs of
A/GFTC’s planning and programming area. The importance and many benefits of access management have been well-documented during the past decade. This introduction will provide an overview of the field with following chapters providing more in-depth resources and reference tools. The guidebook includes eight chapters addressing the following topics:
- Chapter 1 provides a general introduction to access management and its implementation
- Chapter 2 summarizes the tools and principles introduced in Chapter 1 using national
- Chapter 3 provides case studies of the A/GFTC Area.
- Chapter 4 provides sample regulations from across the state.
- Chapter 5 includes information on permitting new access points.
- Chapter 6 includes a sample slide show for illustrating and educating the public on access
- Chapter 7 addresses the impacts of access management techniques on other user groups
including bicycle, pedestrian and transit users.
- Chapter 8 provides reference information. (Not available digitally. Contact A/GFTC.)