The next meeting of the A/GFTC Planning Committee is scheduled for Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 10:00, at Monument Square (2nd Floor), 333 Glen Street, Glens Falls.
All A/GFTC Planning and Policy Committee meetings are held in accessible locations and are open to the public.
The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT), in coordination with A/GFTC, is pleased to announce the call for pedestrian safety projects included in the Statewide Pedestrian Safety Action Plan (PSAP). The local call for pedestrian safety projects includes $40,000,000 in federal Highway Safety Improvement Program funds for systemic pedestrian safety projects on local and county urban roads and streets.
NYSDOT will host a webinar in late October or early November of 2017 to answer questions about the program and the application process. Additional information about the webinar, program guidance, how to apply, application forms and related materials will be available at https://www.dot.ny.gov/divisions/operating/osss/highway/psap.
Applications must be submitted to NYSDOT by March 09, 2018. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (518) 223-0086.
A/GFTC staff and our consultant partners are currently working on the following planning initiatives:
- Conceptual plan for a new bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure connection between Halfway Brook and Hudson Pointe in the Town of Queensbury (Alta Planning+ Design);
- Conceptual plan for an extension of the Warren County Bikeway bewteen Lake George and Warrensburg (Alta Planning+ Design);
- Pavement condition scoring throughout the Glens Falls Urban Area (Creighton Manning Engineering)
Recently completed activities include:
- Rural Transportation Needs Assessment and Options Analysis (Steadman Hill Consulting)
- Phase 1 of Local Traffic Count Assistance Program (The Traffic Group)
- Aviation Road / QUFSD Access Analysis (Barton & Loguidice)